InterCrate is a family owned company focused on constructing rigid and collapsible containers for fresh produce and food industries. With production in North America we supply plastic containers for farmers and distributors ranging from small delicate berries to leafy greens to shell fish and tropical fruit.
We build InterCrate containers for performance. With three generations of plastic container design and production expertise, we specialize in problem solving to improve process eﬃciency. Our innovative containers are designed to protect produce, increase eﬃciency in the supply chain and deliver quality goods to the end user. Using the latest in technology, we make sure that your produce is delivered fresh from the farm.
We build InterCrate containers for performance. With three-generations of plastic container design and production expertise, we specialize in problem solving to improve process eﬃciency. Our innovative containers are designed to protect produce, increase eﬃciency in the supply chain and deliver quality goods to the end user. Using the latest in technology, we make sure that your produce is delivered fresh from the farm.
Justin Elvin-Jensen, President
- Ventilation pattern maximizes heat and humidity evacuation for faster cooling in the field or cooling room, extending shelf life and quality
- Wash and sanitize well
- Withstand high heats and steam environments
- Made in the USA
- Built from impact grade, food contact certified heat stable polypropylene and premium materials
- Impact absorbing copolymer propylene construction for toughness and durability
- Sturdy, smooth construction reduces mechanical damage and enables maximum nesting
- Full double wall perimeter provides strength and smooth interior, without exposed ribs
- Swing bar stacking: composite nylon stack fast and secure, handheld open or closed and won’t rust
- Use with your existing industry equipment
- Tag holder system is simple, clean with bar-coding
- Thick, comfortable handles have rounded edges for
safe crew handling
- Secure and defined interlock between swing bar and container above for stacking stability
- Save space on mechanized harvesters and empty return (less than 2” high to stack)
- FDA food grade proprietary material allows for incidental plastic debris to be discovered
by most metal detectors
Our product line is focused. We have developed a full line that inter-stack and inter-nest for operational and merchandizing compatibility as well as stand-alone containers for specialized jobs. Our containers consider all process requirements from harvesting to machine and crew handling to shipping using materials that are FDA approved yet strong to handle demanding environments. Grow your business with containers that best fit your product.
Collaborating with leading users we have established a proven line of containers to fit the needs of very delicate fruit to hardy and green produce.
Contact us to learn more about InterCrate or to request specific product information.